Coming back from my craft-beer-filled week in Melbourne got me all into detoxes. From improving the gut flora, clean cosmetics, to acne-free skin.
- Tone It Up's 5 Day Detox - On the plane home, feeling all sorts of bloated and uneasy, I knew I wanted to do this detox program. I have been a long time fan of Tone It Up, and this is my first time following a program. I had amazing results even though I only followed it around 60-70% percent of the time. Give it a shot.
- Purely Primal Skincare by Liz Wolfe - I first read this in 2014 when it was still called Skintervention. It was the catalyst for me becoming a loyalist to Primal Life Organics, the skincare line I have been with for years. Read it again this week because my skin has been going haywire and I'm looking for solutions.
- Beauty Counter - It's like, where have I been hiding all these years? I only found out about this brand since I was reading Liz Wolfe's skin routine and she's using many of BC's products. I am obsessed about this brand and cannot wait to get my hands on some of the products.
- ImuPro - Doing the detox flared up skin and I'm starting to suspect it could be the lemons. I don't know if it's from the fruit or the herbicide in lemons, and being certain would save me the guesswork. ImuPro is a food allergy test that could help shed light to what's causing the flare ups. Aside from lemons, I also suspect almonds, other nuts, sulfites in wine, and high fructose corn syrup. A little pricey, though could be worth the investment.
- Clear Skin Forever by David Mooers and Sonia Carlson - I am obsessed about clearing my skin from the inside versus topical treatments, and this book landed in my radar as a game changer. First time I cracked the ebook open, I stayed up till three in the morning. I am also part of the forum and the results and experiences of the other readers gives me hope!
Editor's Note: Things Lately is a weekly wrap-up of things I am obsessed with. Anything from interesting articles, books, products, and whatever's gotten my attention lately.